This was supposed to be a birthday gift for renaloemberheart, but I didn’t finish it until this week… ^^;
Anyway, it’s a figure of The Kid from the game Bastion. Made with sculpey, a wireframe core, a toothpick for the hammer’s handle, and a bit of tape to make the handle thicker. Painted using acrylic silkscreen ink, opaque, translucent and metallic colors.
Progress shots of my Eska cosplay that I was working on for NYCC 2013, that was not finished. I will however continue it and wear it for MAGFest 2014.
Aww, thank you Anon. While I didn’t post a tutorial, I did post progress shots of my sylph of void cosplay. I actually don’t have much experience sewing, I’m still learning, but I give myself these projects to keep learning more. Try making something simple and don’t hesitate to look up tutorials. Practice by making something new everytime as well as the things you already learned. Happy cosplaying! :D
Scalemate plush I made for my buoyfrond ;)
You can find the pattern I used here
Phone charm I made for my buoyfrond ‘//v//’
Birthday card I made for natsu. I’m thinking of turning this into a print…
I attempted to make a Wheatley cake for a birthday/graduation party I went to last Saturday, apparently it was delicious even though it was pure sugar, butter and flour.
My 2x3dent for my Meenah cosplay at AnimeNext, painted and assembled. It’s a little over 6ft tall.
As requested, how I made it, more so what it’s made out of:
The staff part is made from a pvc pipe cut into 3 equal parts made in proportion to my height but to scale with the reference (page 006537), the parts are connected using threaded rods, the inside of the pvc pipe was threaded using pure force and the threaded rods that were to be fitted inside.
The forks have a foam board base, I used 4 layers of 1/4 inch board for each one, since I had it laying around. You can use a thicker one if you like, but it’ll make a bit more difficult to cut into. The forks were then carved round, and covered in Paperclay then sanded. The forks were also attached with a lamp threaded rod and the fitting nut. I fixed the nut into the pvc pipes using E6000 glue, also fixing the lamp rods into the forks with it. After everything is dry and sanded, you paint it. I used Krylon General Purpose Metallic Spray paint in Gold.